All-New Dzire is here to redefine the market
Authentic sedan styling, plush interiors, superior comfort and convenience features like Auto Gear Shift take India’s bestseller sedan to a whole new level.
New Delhi, May 16, 2017: The New Dzire sedan, launched nationally by Maruti Suzuki today, looks set to shake up the Indian passenger vehicle market.
Its smooth sedan styling, more plush and roomy interiors, superior overall comfort and advanced safety features (details in the box) make the New Dzire even more aspirational – and desirable.
Designed especially for India when it was first launched in 2008, Dzire has been India’s best-selling sedan through most of the last decade, and has clocked sales of over 1.38 million cars so far. This third generation New Dzire takes the brand to a whole new level – an authentic sedan designed for the young, aspirational and “indulgence seeking” Indian customer.
The hugely popular Auto Gear Shift (AGS) technology is now available on many more variants of the Dzire, starting from the V trim up to Z and Z+. In all, six variants of the NewDzire (in diesel and petrol) now offer the acclaimed AGS technology. Customers will also appreciate the superior fuel efficiency of the New Dzire. At 28.4 kmpl* the New Dzire Diesel is India’s most fuel efficient car. The New Dzire petrol has a fuel efficiency of 22.0 kmpl.*
Presenting the all-New Dzire, Mr Kenichi Ayukawa, Managing Director & CEO, Maruti Suzuki, said: “The New Dzire is bound to create plenty of excitement in the Indian automobile market. Dzire was specially created for India, and has been one of the most popular brands ever in the Indian automobile industry. Now we have designed a whole NewDzire for sedan customers, to fulfil the growing aspirations of a young and prosperous India.”
Mr Ayukawa added: “The all-New Dzire has the looks and design of an authentic sedan. It is more premium and spacious in the inside, complies with future safety norms and has the convenience of Auto Gear Shift to make the all-New Dzire an irresistible package.” Built afresh on the fifth generation HEARTECT platform, the all-New Dzire is able to offer more space, superior safety and better fuel efficiency.
Maruti Suzuki, together with its suppliers, has invested over Rs 1,000 crore for the development of the all-New Dzire. The sedan comes with around 99 per cent localization, truly embodying the “Make in India” vision.
The All-New Dzire Highlights
Sleek, Aerodynamic & Streamlined
- An authentic sedan: Low and wide stance, rich side body sculpting and wrap around sleek aero design
- Inclined and sweeping A-pillar brings elegance
- Excellent “Body to Glass Ratio” makes it distinctive
- Auto LED projector headlamps with DRL
- Precision cut two-tone alloy wheels
New World of Indulgence
- All new steering wheel with a flat bottom
- Driver side tilted central instrument console for better driver ergonomics
- Urbane satin chrome accentuation on console, gear knob, steering and speedometer rings give luxury feel
- Exterior coordinated signature polygon theme
- Comfortable seating with ample headroom and shoulder room
- Rear AC vent and utility spaces
- Larger boot opening and enhanced boot space
Safer, Stronger, Rigid & Lightweight
- Suzuki’s latest HEARTECT platform
- Use of Ultra High tensile and High tensile steel
- Enhanced vehicle safety standards
- Delivers enhanced vehicle performance
Future Ready in Safety Regulations
- Comply to front offset, side impact and pedestrian regulations ahead of time
- Standard dual airbags and pre-tensioner force limiter seat belts. Standard ABS with EBD
- ISOFIX (child seat restraint system)
Adoption of New-Gen Tech
- Equipped with large display Smart Play infotainment System
- Apple CarPlay, Android Auto and Mirror
|Know the #NewDzire through numbers|
|· More kilometres per litre: Diesel variant delivers best in industry fuel economy in passenger cars @28.4 kmpl which is 6.8% higher than outgoing and Petrol fuel efficiency is up by 5.5% delivering 22.0 kmpl, making it the best in segment
· Wider by 40 mm
· Enhanced shoulder room in front by 20mm and on the rear by 30mm
· Extra rear leg room by 55 mm
· Additional boot space of 62 litres making it 378 litre
Superior Ride & Handling
In its newest form the Dzire promises to delight its riders with superior ride and handling. A finely tuned and balanced monocoque body offers nimble car handling, cornering performance and stability.
|Length||3995 mm||Range of Colours
v New Colours
|Max Torque||Petrol: 113Nm @4200rpm|
|Diesel: 190Nm @2000rpm|
|Max Power||Petrol: 61kw @6000rpm|
|Diesel: 55kw @4000rpm|
|Boot Space||378 litre|
|Wheel Base||2450 mm|
|Ground Clearance||163 mm (Unladen)|
All-New Dzire Ex Showroom Delhi prices (Rs)
|Petrol Variants||Diesel Variants|
|Vxi AGS||676,000||Vdi AGS||776,000|
|Zxi AGS||752,000||Zdi AGS||852,000|
|Zxi+ AGS||841,000||Zdi+ AGS||941,000|
The Dzire will compete against the likes of Hyundai Xcent, Figo Aspire, Volkswagen Ameo, Tata Tigor.
For the brilliant VFM package the Dzire offers, it will not be surprising if it sets the sales chart on fire by a huge margin over the competition.