Mercedes-Benz strengthens its SUV portfolio, launches the suave and vibrant new GLA
Mr. Michael Jopp, VP Sales and Marketing, Mercedes Benz India at the launch of the all new GLA in Mumbai
The stylish SUV is refreshed with dynamic design, powerful appearance and available in three engine variants – GLA 200, GLA 200 d and GLA 220 d 4 MATIC
- Dynamic exterior highlights – The new GLA features a typical breadth emphasizing SUV design with athletic shoulders for a powerful and harmonious impression
- Energetic Performance: The GLA 220 d 4MATIC features a 2,143 inline 4 engine with an output of 125 kW and a torque of 350 Nm capable of sprinting from 0-100 in a mere 7.7 seconds
- Motorized by the 7G Dual Clutch Transmission, the GLA ensures rapid gear shifts, in turn enhancing the driving performance without compromising on fuel efficiency
- 7 cm (18-inch) 5-twin-spoke light-alloy wheels | Twin-pipe exhaust system with chrome-plated tailpipe trim elements integrated into the bumper
- Better illumination – LED High Performance headlamps with fiber opticsand tail lights with a crystal look and innovative reflector technology
- Ambient Lighting in 12 colours: 12 different colours | 5 dimming levels | Lighting with full LED technology
- Versatile color portfolio: Mountain Grey, Cirrus White, Polar Silver Metallic and a new Canyon Beige exterior paint option
- Urban Package brings out the sportiness of the vehicle with some high-quality highlights and chrome elements
- Pricing: The new Mercedes-Benz GLA is priced at:
GLA 200 d Style: INR 30.65 lakhs| GLA 200 Sport: INR 32.20 lakhs
GLA 200 d Sport: INR 33.85 lakhs | GLA 220 d 4 MATIC : INR 36.75 lakhs
Mumbai: The country’s largest luxury car maker Mercedes-Benz India today further strengthened its SUV segment with the launch of its luxurious compact SUV, the new GLA. After creating a mark for itself, the new GLA comes with an even more powerful appearance and host of new features. The new GLA is progressive and sportier with expressive design and revamped safety features to match the high standards of Mercedes-Benz. With the new GLA, Mercedes-Benz India is offering a versatile range of products aimed at a young, successful and dynamic customer base, which increasingly prefers a Mercedes-Benz. The new GLA was launched by Michael Jopp, Vice-President, Sales & Marketing, Mercedes-Benz India in Mumbai today.
Speaking on the occasion, Michael Jopp said, “Ever since its launch, the GLA has won several hearts and minds and remains a key product in our portfolio. The GLA is an artful delineation of an urban SUV that fulfils the needs and desires of the avid adventurer who likes to arrive in style, wherever they go. Be it on daily tarmac or those weekend getaways, the GLA promises to enthral every emotion. The GLA is positioned towards the new-generation customers who aspire to own a stylish and dynamic luxury SUV, which perfectly combines practicality with emotive driving experience. With the launch of the new GLA, we are confident of remaining the first choice for customers, who desire sporty designs, top-notch interiors coupled with class leading performance and uncompromised safety features.”
Mr. Jopp further added, “The GLA has been an outright winner in its segment as it carved a special place for itself, since its inception in 2014. We have received overwhelming feedback from customers and enthusiasts across markets. This compact luxury SUV is designed keeping in mind the varied Indian road conditions and subsequent customer expectations. It is by far one of our key volume sellers and we are confident that our customers will be bestowed by its unmatched beauty, capability and reliability. The top of the line GLA 220 d 4MATIC comes with permanent all-wheel drive system. All the four variants of the GLA will be locally produced in our state-of-the-art production facility in Chakan, Pune.”
- 4MATIC drivetrain in the GLA 220 d 4MATIC
- 7G Dual Clutch Transmission
- LED High Performance headlamps with fiber optics
- Crystal look LED tail lights with innovative reflector technology
- Front end design with substantial radiator grille
- New 18 Inch Alloy Wheel Design
- All New Colour Option – Canyon Beige
- Sail pattern trim in Sport variant; Black matrix-look trim in Style variant
- Central colour multifunction display – 11.4 cm screen diagonal
- Tube-look: Back plate with concentric rings and pointers in metallic silver and red needles with ECO display to encourage a fuel-efficient driving style
- Smartphone Integration package with Apple Carplay and Google Android Auto
- Ambient lighting in 12 different colours with 5 dimming levels
- The door sill panels in brushed stainless steel with their illuminated “Mercedes-Benz” lettering
Driver Assistance Systems and safety
In line with Mercedes-Benz tradition of making the safest cars, the GLA achieved the maximum 5 stars in Euro NCAP’s safety ratings. The GLA offers the maximum number of 6 airbags in the segment. During a collision, the airbags help to protect the head and torso of the driver and front passenger. In addition they stabilize the entire body. This can reduce the risk of severe injuries in an accident. Activation is suited to the severity of the impact.
Various Driver Assistance Systems, such as Hill start assist, ESP, ASR, BAS are standard on the GLA 220 d 4MATIC. They will support the driver by stabilizing the car on difficult, wet and slippery terrain. Additionally these assistance systems will monitor and optimize traction just as required.
Key Standard Safety features
- DSR – Downhill Speed Regulation – GLA 220d 4MATIC
- Attention Assist
- Dual front airbags, Front side airbags, Curtain airbags and driver kneebag (7 overall)
- Tyre pressure monitoring system
For more details, please visit www.mercedes-benz.co.in
Media Contact: Mercedes-Benz India Pvt. Ltd.:
Shekhar Das Chowdhury | email@example.com |+91 98508 36477
Reuben George | firstname.lastname@example.org | +91 9823969057
About Mercedes-Benz India:
Established in 1994, Mercedes-Benz India Pvt. Ltd. pioneered the luxury car market in India and boasts of more than 130 years of cutting edge innovation in the luxury automobile industry globally. Set up in 2009, Mercedes-Benz India’s world class production facility is spread over 100 acres in Chakan near Pune. Since June 2015, Mercedes-Benz India also commenced production from its new expanded production facility located in the same premises. Mercedes-Benz India is part of Mercedes-Benz’s Global Production Network. It plays an important role in the CKD/MVP production network in Brazil, Indonesia, Malaysia, Thailand and Vietnam. At these locations, Mercedes-Benz produces vehicles in various extension levels for domestic markets.
The production facility now carries an investment of INR 1000+ crores and has the largest installed production capacity for any luxury carmaker in India. Mercedes-Benz India also has the largest network spread amongst any luxury carmaker, with presence in 41 Indian cities through 86 outlets. Through the exclusive AMG Performance Centres located in 5 metros including Delhi, Mumbai, Hyderabad, Bangalore and Pune; the AMG performance sub-brand of Mercedes-Benz also boasts of a strong retail network presence in the country.
Mercedes-Benz India’s flagship programme, ‘My Mercedes, My Service’ launched in 2016, aims to completely redefine the after-sales experience by digitalizing service process and create unparalleled benchmark in the luxury car service domain. The launch of ‘Mercedes-Benz Approved Tyres’ in February 2017, and the ‘Advanced Assurance Program’ in May 2017, is also integral to the ‘My Mercedes, My Service’ campaign. ‘My Mercedes, My Service’ aims at enhancing the customer’s vehicle ownership experience manifold, making after-sales experience as the new differentiator in the luxury car segment. With the use of big data and in-depth knowledge of the driving pattern of Indian customers, Mercedes-Benz has been able to drive successfully, low cost of ownership for its customers.
Mercedes-Benz India product portfolio comprises the locally produced Mercedes Maybach S 500, S-Class, E-Class, C-Class, CLA luxury sedans and the GLA, GLE and the GLS luxury SUVs.
The CKD GLC was the 9th product added to Mercedes-Benz’s local production portfolio. Completely Built imported cars portfolio includes the A-Class, B-Class, CLS, E-Class Cabriolet, S-Class Coupé, C-Class Cabriolet, S-Class Cabriolet and the S 600 Guard a range of other Guard vehicles etc. The product portfolio also comprises the iconic off-roader Mercedes-AMG G 63 as well as a wide range of other Mercedes-AMG performance cars like the AMG CLA 45, AMG C 63 S, AMG S 63 Coupe, AMG S 63 Sedan, AMG GLA 45, AMG GLE 43 Coupe, AMG GLS 63, AMG GT S sports car, AMG SLC 43 and AMG C 43.
The long wheel base new E-Class is Made in India, for India, the first new generation car to be locally produced since market launch. India is the first country to get an RHD version of the LWB E-Class in the world.
Mercedes-Benz India registered the quarterly sales of 3650 units in the January–March 2017 period despite facing multiple market challenges. In 2017, ‘One Team, One Goal’ will be Mercedes-Benz’s philosophy, towards achieving best customer experience. The company will have fascinating product introductions, innovative luxury retail experience, value driven finance programmes and innovative after-sales service experiences. With ‘One Team, One Goal’ philosophy, Mercedes-Benz India will continue the ‘winning’ momentum it has created for itself in the diverse Indian market.