The Audi S5 was first introduced in the 2009 Frankfurt Motor Show, Audi had gained a lot of attention to their ‘S’ variant. The Audi S5 (B9) is an all-wheel-drive coupé, Sportback, & cabriolet built by Audi in late 2016, after its unveiling in June 2016. Its Sportback trim adds rear doors and a hatchback rear. It is part of the second generation model line following on from the Audi S5 (B8) that had been in production since 2007.
Mumbai, March 22, 2021: Audi, the German luxury car manufacturer, today announced the launch of the new Audi S5 Sportback in India. Powering the latest Audi S5 Sportback is a 3.0-liter, twin-turbo TFSI petrol engine delivering 354 hp and 500 Nm of torque, mated to an 8-speed Tiptronic gearbox that sends power to all four wheels. The four-door sports coupe is being brought to India via the CBU route and is priced from INR 79.06 lakhs (ex-showroom).
- S-specific design elements enhance sleek four-door sports coupe silhouette
- Quattro permanent all-wheel drive with a self-locking center differential
- New 48.26 cm (R19), 5 double-arm, S Design, Graphite Gray Alloy wheels
- New S Sports Suspension with Damper Control
- Audi Virtual Cockpit Plus with additional Sport Mode view
- Matrix LED headlamps with dynamic turn signals
- Comfort key with electric boot lid function
- Bang & Olufsen Premium Sound system with 3D sound
- The navigation system on the high-resolution 25.65 cm color display with MMI (Multi Media Interface) Touch
- Large surfaces, sharp edges, an exciting play of light and shadow – the exterior design of the S5 embodies the progressive Audi design language.
- Striking shoulder line arches dynamically above the wheel housings.
- A wide, low single-frame grille features three-dimensional aluminum struts and is flanked by the standard Matrix LED headlights.
- U-shaped clasps structure the large, pentagonal air inlets, which are partly filled with honeycomb grilles and separate openings allow direct airflow into the wheel housings for improved aerodynamics.
- Exterior mirrors have aluminum-look housings and the strongly contoured side sills are particularly eye-catching.
- The Audi S5 Sportback has a spoiler integrated into the luggage compartment lid. LED rear lights with dynamic turn signals are standard.
- There is a choice of eight paint finishes, including Turbo Blue, Daytona Gray, and Tango red.
- The 48.26 cm, 5 double arm S style Graphite Gray alloys along with optional red brake calipers add to the sportiness of the Audi S5 Sportback.
An optional Black styling package can be selected to make the Audi S5 Sportback stand out even more.
Style and functionality
- Horizontal lines characterize the design. A wide band of air vents, an elegant air conditioning panel, and a large decorative surface define the instrument panel layout.
- The large glass panoramic sunroof provides a glorious view of the sky from inside the car.
- Electrically adjustable front Sports seats with Driver side memory are standard.
- Seat coverings are available in a leather/Alcantara combination and you can choose from the Black and Rotor Gray colors.
- The illuminated door sill strips, the sport leather flat-bottom steering wheel with multifunction plus, and the clasp on the Tiptronic selector lever bear the S logo with a red rhombus.
- The pedal caps and the footrest are stainless steel; the inlays are made of matt-brushed aluminum with additional options to choose from.
- Contour Ambient lighting that you can control and choose from 30 different colors.
- The S5 Sportback features 3-zone automatic air conditioning as standard.
Controls and infotainment:
- The MMI system onboard the S5 models offers a highly modern control logic.
- Features intelligent free-text search function and the voice control function recognizes inputs from everyday speech.
- Audi Virtual Cockpit plus offers a fully digital instrument cluster for the flexible and need-based display of information relevant to the driver.
- Innovative, fully digital 31.24 cm instrument cluster in full HD resolution, Audi Virtual Cockpit Plus comes with three customizable view modes: Sport, S performance & Dynamic.
- The optional head-up display projects important data onto the windshield as symbols and digits.
- The infotainment system is modular, with MMI navigation plus with MMI touch and a 25.65 cm monitor topping the infotainment range.
- Audi Sound system is standard and can be upgraded to Bang & Olufsen Premium Sound system with a 3D sound that has 19 speakers with a maximum output of 755W.
- The Audi Smartphone interface helps get easy access to your phone system, navigation, music, and third-party apps via the MMI touch display or smartphone.
- The optionally available Audi Park Assist works in tandem with the Parking System to identify suitable bay and kerb-sized parking spaces using ultrasonic sensors. While the driver accelerates and changes gears, the system automatically steers the vehicle during parking.
- Optional Comfort Key with sensor-controlled luggage compartment release.
3.0 TFSI: Firepower
- 3.0 TFSI V6 petrol engine uses turbocharging and a combination of direct injection and indirect injection for best efficiency and performance.
- The output is 354 hp (260 kW), and 500 Nm of torque is available between 1,370 and 4,500 rpm.
- A sporty exhaust note provides a fitting soundtrack
- The start-stop system helps reduce fuel consumption and CO₂ emissions by switching the engine off when the vehicle is stationary. The system can be deactivated at any time via a button.
The eight-speed Tiptronic: lightning-fast and smooth
- The 3.0 TFSI transmits its power to a lightning-fast and smooth-shifting eight-speed Tiptronic transmission system.
- Lower gears feature short, sporty ratios, while the upper gears are long to reduce revs and fuel consumption.
- Let the torque converter automatic transmission work on its own or one can choose to switch to manual for more control.
- Shift sequence and connection logic are optimized for the rapid development of traction.
Quattro permanent all-wheel drive and sporty suspension:
- Self-locking center differential with Quattro permanent all-wheel-drive system transfers power from the eight-speed Tiptronic to all four wheels.
- Torque is normally distributed in a ratio of 40:60 between the front and rear axle.
- S Sports Suspension is standard and can be upgraded to the sophisticated S Sports Suspension with Damper Control that contributes to the sporty driving dynamics of the Audi S5 Sportback.
- The S Sports suspension with Damper Control comes with damper settings for more direct contact with the road and sportier handling.
We wish Audi India All the Best for the S5.
Click here to read more about Car News.