OLA we all have atleast used this cab service once for sure. OLA a company started by two entrepreneurs Bhavish Aggarwal & Ankit Bhati. The mission for OLA as a company was to build mobility for a billion people. No wonder we see so many cabs around. The company started expanding overseas by having business in Australia, New Zealand, and the United Kingdom. As there was an increased amount of cars on road it was obvious OLA had contributed a fair bit to global warming. To overcome that and to contribute to a low carbon footprint the company is on a mission to go Electric.
Here are some key points, to sum up, media interaction with Mr. Bhavish Aggarwal, Chairman OLA.
- OLA like to call this project as FutureFactory, also World’s Largest Two-Wheeler manufacturing company
- The total annual capacity of the factory will be 10 million and will be ready by 2022
- Phase 1 of the factory should be ready by June 2021 with the rollout of 2 million products annually
- 10 production assembly lines
- 3000 robots with A-I Powered working on industry 4.0 principles
The OLA production facility is widespread across 43 acres located in the Krishnagiri district of Tamil Nadu, India. The factory comprises of all stations such as Battery, Paint shop, Welding, Motor, etc. The Factory aims to roll out a new OLA E-scooter every 2 seconds once it is set to work at full capacity. Since all manufacturing is in-house, the factory will be having its own test track.
Since its such a widespread factory you may ask about increased electricity megawatts which will power the future factory:
- The sustainable factory means it has, Mega-block with a solar roof-top which will generate power and be used for the future factory. Solar and renewable energy powered thus reducing global warming.
- The 2-acre central forest inside the Mega-block
- 100 acres forest on the site.
- Every tree protected during construction and transplanted.
- 10,000 direct employment to be created by Ola (additional jobs
created by vendors and suppliers)
We have not received any technical specifications for the E-scooter, but we surely have the images. All the best OLA.
Click here to know more about Two-wheeler news