It was that time of the year when Ford decided to showcase the off-roading capabilities of its flagship SUV in India. Just about time, after the launch of its facelift version. Ford India organized its marquee ‘Great Ford Endeavour Drive’ for select customers and media in Bangalore on Saturday to give a first-hand experience of its revered premium SUV, the recently launched New Ford Endeavour’s best-in-class off-roading capabilities.
It was an artificially curated track at Dirt Mania, in the outskirts of Bangalore.
A glimpse of what the day had to offer.
- India’s most loved, trusted and revered premium SUV Ford Endeavour earns the admiration of enthusiasts at a power-packed off-roading event in Bangalore
- The experiential event, Great Ford Endeavour Drive, was organized to give customers & enthusiasts a first-hand experience of the recently launched New Ford Endeavour’s best-in-class off-roading capabilities
- Participants experienced the New Ford Endeavour on a track simulating challenging off-road conditions including hill climbs & descents, slush, water wading among others
The experiential drive, set amidst natural terrain on the outskirts of Bangalore, simulated challenging off-roading conditions including — sharp turns, steep hill climbs & hill descent, wading through slush, uneven surfaces, driving at high-degree tilt among others. Customers experienced the exceptional ride quality and dynamic handling of the capable premium SUV.
At a price starting INR 28.19 Lakh, the 2019 edition of the premium SUV comes with greater road presence, style and convenience while continuing to offer class-leading off-road capabilities, unmatched safety and advanced technologies.
The New Ford Endeavour will give customers an option to choose from Ford’s two, fun-to-drive diesel engines — 2.2-litre four-cylinder TDCi and 3.2-liter five-cylinder TDCi.
The 2.2-litre four cylinder TDCi engine will now be paired to a six-speed manual transmission as well along with automatic. With the new manual transmission, the 2.2L engine will deliver a best-in-segment 14.2 Km/L fuel economy. The Automatic transmission will continue delivering a fuel economy of 12.62 Km/L.
Customers looking for optimum fuel economy without compromising performance can choose the 2.2-litre diesel motor that puts out 160PS of power and 385 Nm of torque. For those wanting the unmatched performance, Ford continues to offer its 3.2- diesel engine that generates 200PS of power and 470 Nm of torque. This engine has been tuned to deliver maximum power and torque and is perfect for frequent off-road adventures.
With a simplified variant lineup, the New Endeavour is now available in three-trims – 2.2L Titanium Manual, 2.2L Titanium+ Automatic and 3.2L Titanium+ Automatic.
The New Ford Endeavour features several new and best in segment features, including:
- First-in-segment Terrain Management System with four preset modes to conquer any terrain with great ease
- The impressive water-wading capacity of 800 mm
- Globally renowned in-car connectivity system SYNC 3 paired to an 8-inch touchscreen – compatible with Apple CarPlay and Google Auto
- Only premium SUV to feature a panoramic sun-roof, covering up to 50% of the roof space
- Semi-Auto Parallel Park Assist that helps locate the right sized parking spot and steers the SUV effortlessly to reduce anxiety
- New design 18-inch alloy wheels ensuring excellent grip and handling
- 8-way Power Adjustable Driver & Front Passenger Seat offering superior comfort just at the touch of a button
- First-in-class Active Noise Cancellation, a technology used in noise-cancelling headphones to help reduce low-frequency engine sounds from entering the cabin
- Only SUV in its segment to offer Hands-Free Power Lift Gate – enabling owners to open the boot by triggering a sensor in the rear at a simple motion of their foot
- New Push start button, and keyless entry along with a host of smart features
- New Dual-zone automatic climate control across variants
- Practical interior design offer flexible seating and cargo arrangements – including fold-flat second- and first-in-class power-fold third-row that instantly flattens at the touch of a button and can hold up to 2,010 litres of cargo with rear seats folded
Packed with outstanding power, unmatched quality and value, the New Ford Endeavour has been designed to delight SUV lovers.
Featuring a strong passenger cage and up to seven airbags, including a driver knee-airbag, the New Endeavour offers outstanding safety. With six airbags, as standard equipment across the model lineup, the premium SUV ensures complete peace of mind, no matter which variant customers prefer.
The SUV also features Hill Launch Assist and Hill Descent Control that makes steep uphill or downhill climbs more convenient and easier for drivers.
All variants offer great value for money and have well-appointed cabins that are significantly better than competing models in the segment. Surprisingly affordable to own, the New Endeavour comes with a 3-year or 100,000 KM warranty and a scheduled service and ownership cost of 68 paise/ 100,000 KM (2.2L) and 71.5 Paisa (3.2L) respectively.
|NEW FORD ENDEAVOUR – VARIANTS AND PRICES|
|ENGINE||2.2L DIESEL||2.2L DIESEL||3.2L DIESEL|
|TRANSMISSION||6-Speed MT||6-Speed AT||6-Speed AT|
|PRICE||INR 28.19 Lakh||INR 30.60 Lakh||INR 32.97 Lakh|
The New Ford Endeavour is available in five colours, including brand new Diffused Silver as well as Sunset Red, Diamond White, Absolute Black and Moondust Silver. The premium SUV is assembled at Ford’s integrated manufacturing facility in Chennai.
1 thought on “Great Ford Endeavour Drive Experience: Bangalore”
Hi would you mind stating which blog platform you’re using? I’m looking to start my own blog soon but I’m having a difficult time choosing between BlogEngine/Wordpress/B2evolution and Drupal. The reason I ask is because your design and style seems different then most blogs and I’m looking for something completely unique. P.S Sorry for getting off-topic but I had to ask!