Honda introduced the CBR 250 back in 2011 for the Indian Two Wheeler market. Since then it has been ruling the segment. After the overwhelming response on the CBR 250, Honda planned to make this bike more affordable since the 250 was very expensive back then. They bought CBR 150cc which looked identical to CBR250. For the past 4-5 years there was a considerable growth in sales of high cc segment motorcycles where CBR650 was launched somehow on the sales part the motorcycle couldn’t perform well as it was an expensive affair to maintain the motorcycle and availability of spares was an issue. But surely Honda has reworked on this and we see many premium products from Honda the latest one to be the all-new HondaCB500X which was launched a few days ago. Honda is back with the new surprise.
March 30, 2021: Giving the free-spirited riders a chance to go on full throttle, Honda Motorcycle & Scooter India Pvt. Ltd. today launched the new 2021 CBR 650R and CB 650R in India. The new models will make their way to the Indian market through CKD* route. (*Completely Knocked Down).The CB 650R is for young riders seeking a combination of exhilarating four-cylinder engine performance and light, versatile, refined chassis handling. The 2021 model has received a range of detail improvements to enhance comfort, usability, and practicality.
- The frame is a twin-tube type that enables a highly efficient downdraft intake layout while taking advantage of the supple characteristics of steel
- Tightly wrapped and aggressive, the CB 650R’s Neo-Sports Café style features the signature compact ‘Trapezoid’ proportion of short, stubby tail and short overhang headlight.
- The long fuel tank is a key motif of the family design; its smooth lines accentuate the solidity of real metal surfaces and crown the engineering of the four-cylinder engine. Small side panels accentuate the minimalism, as does the rear mudguard made from steel.
- With its four-cylinder power unit clearly on display, the CBR 650R’s ramps up the pure sporting appeal; dual LED headlight cluster.
- The seat unit is compact and truncates the rear of the machine, adding to the hard-edged sense of purpose. New side panels accentuate the minimalism, as does the steel rear mudguard/number plate mount. The aggressive riding position starts with clip-on handlebars that mount beneath the top yoke, matched to rear-set footpegs.
The 649cc, DOHC 16-valve engine, in-line four-cylinder performance, with the classically fast ‘pick-up’ through the rev range and hard-hitting, high-revving top end. Max net power of 64 kW arrives @ 12,000rpm with max net torque of 57.5 Nm delivered at 8,500 rpm.
Both models come with Assist/slipper clutch that eases upshifts and manages hard down changes. The assist mechanism reduces the clutch lever operating load, and the slipper mechanism reduces rear-wheel hopping due to sudden engine braking caused by downshifting improves ease of handling, and provides a more comfortable and smooth ride. The 4-1 side-swept exhaust has been designed to deliver a spine-tingling roar as revs climb.
Honda Selectable Torque Control (HSTC). The system adjusts engine power to optimize torque at the rear wheel, reducing rear-wheel slip. The rider can choose to select the ON / OFF setting with the torque control (TC) switch on the left steering wheel. To match the improved engine and suspension performance both the models wear dual radial-mount four-piston brake calipers gripping 79.2 cm2 floating dual discs in the front and 25.4 cm2 disc at the rear. Dual-channel ABS gives smooth braking in both wet and dry conditions.
The Showa Separate Function-Big Piston (SSF-BP) USD Forks come with a damping mechanism and spring on the right & left fork. This system offers reduced weight, superior rigidity, and overall excellent performance along with adjustability for spring preload. Aluminum wheels with premium 5-spoke Y-shaped spokes help reduce un-sprung weight. The light hoops have a greater influence on handling than the numbers alone suggest.
Advanced information on the go:-
The digital LCD instrument cluster is easier to read. Advanced informatics like Gear Position, Digital Speedometer, Digital Bar Graph Tachometer, Dual Trip Meters, Digital Fuel Level Gauge & Fuel Consumption Gauge, Digital Clock, Water Temp Gauge, Gear position, Shift UP Indicator keeps the rider informed on the go.
COST & Colours available:-
The CBR650 and the CB650 could be yours at:-
|CB 650R||CBR 650R|
|Color||Candy Chromosphere Red||Grand Prix Red|
|Matte Gunpowder Black Metallic||Matte Gunpowder Black Metallic|
|INR 8.67 Lacs||INR 8.88 Lacs|
Advanced Security system:-
New smart ESS (Emergency Stop Signal) technology detects sudden braking and automatically activates the front and rear hazard lights, which flash to warn any nearby vehicles. Giving peace of mind to the rider is the new Honda Ignition Security System (HISS), an electronic anti-theft device that automatically disables the starting of the engine by means of electronic control.
Click here to read more about Bike News