Hyundai India is here to make commitments for the Indian market and this time it is big!
As we are moving forward, we are realizing the importance of the natural resources available on earth and now that we have already started shifting towards green technology, we are developing a new way of living life as well as driving cars.
India has a diversity of people and there are different people demanding different
needs, cars and with the increase in the use of people who can afford cars, there is
also an increase in the price of diesel/petrol. Electric cars have already started taking up the charge but there is a long way to and I am sure this shift is going to take time.
Just when we all were busy wondering how and when electric cars would come into existence especially in countries like India, Hyundai has been at the forefront of the electric mobility revolution in India, with the introduction of India’s 1st Electric SUV – KONA Electric in 2019.
Hyundai has always been delighting its customers with the most innovative and technologically advanced mobility solutions and it is back again with a boom.
8th December 2021, Hyundai announced its roadmap to drive the electric mobility revolution in India with the expansion of its line-up to 6 Battery Electric Vehicles (BEV) for the Indian market by 2028.
Further, Hyundai will also introduce its dedicated BEV Platform – E-GMP in India, showcasing its commitment towards smart Indian customers.
ELECTRIC GLOBAL MODULAR PLATFORM (E-GMP), Hyundai Motor Group
globally showcased its E-GMP dedicated BEV platform for future electric vehicles, marking a new era for the brand in itself.
Driving the pump-to-plug revolution, Hyundai will pioneer the development of future electric vehicles with this dedicated BEV platform that comprises vehicle chassis which includes the battery, motor, and power electric system.
This platform will form the backbone of different types of vehicles and it also
promises feature like a flat floor, slim cockpit, and a flexible & spacious cabin.
There is going to be reasons why this platform is coming into existence and now that Hyundai has promised a package that comes with a lot of potential in the Indian Market, it is developed on 4 Key Pillars:
1. Modularity – With one platform that can facilitate many body types, feature a modularized battery system, and create greater synergies with BEV component sharing.
2. Reliability – Featuring a low center of gravity, use of Ultra High Strength Steel, and 8-point battery mounting, E-GMP will pave the way to highly reliable BEVs of the future.
3. Usability – With a flat floor and flexible seating layout as well as an innovative interior space that offers sliding console and sliding 2nd-row seats, E-GMP will usher in a new dimension of usability.
4. Performance – Featuring a large battery capacity of up to 77.4 kWh, 2WD/ 4WD capabilities, improved handling, and capability to achieve a top speed of 260 km/h, E-GMP will drive in a new age of fun-to-drive electric vehicles.
Hyundai’s lineup of six battery electric vehicles will cater to multiple segments including the mass market and also the premium mass-market segment. Hyundai aims to target people of all classes and it also plans to introduce different body
styles and vehicles for all segments so that people have a variety of choices to select from. Keeping in mind the needs and wants of customers, Hyundai has worked towards the development of a concrete BEV roadmap that will breathe life into the Electrification ecosystem in India, focusing on localization of manufacturing synergies for Battery Electric Vehicles.
Apart from developing and manufacturing vehicles, Hyundai also focuses on developing infrastructure and EV solutions like:
– Home Charging
– Public Charging station
– Charging Facility at HMIL Dealer Network
– Peace of Mind with 24 X 7 roadside assistance
What do you think about Hyundai’s Electrification and commitments? Share your thoughts with us in the comments section and don’t forget to read our previous articles by clicking here