Korea’s one of the oldest automakers and the world’s 5th largest automobile manufacturer KIA has revealed new design philosophy and a new electric vehicle called EV6.
KIA likes to call the new design philosophy OPPOSITES UNITED which refers to contrasts between humanity and nature. Where new visual identity evoking positive forces and natural energy, and with contrasting combinations of sharp stylistic elements and sculptural shapes.
The new design philosophy OPPOSITES UNITED is based on five important pillars namely:-
- Bold for nature: it is based on interaction with nature, informed by the details, shapes, and proportions found both in the natural and human worlds. This design pillar creates organic, yet technical structures and finishes for vehicle interiors; exterior designs are characterized by a combination of clear and simple lines with bold, ever-changing surfaces.
- Joy for Reason: focuses on the feel and ambiance of Kia’s future vehicles. Future designs will fuse the emotional with the rational, creating vehicles that influence the mood of passengers, by relaxing and inspiring. It will also influence the adoption of new organic materials and more daring colors, expressing a sense of youth and playfulness.
- Power to Progress: builds on the brand’s current design strengths. By drawing on and developing the skills and expertise learned throughout Kia’s recent era of design-led transformation, the designs and layouts of the brand’s future products will continue to evolve. Future designs will draw on experience and creativity to invent and innovate new designs.
- Technology for life: embraces new technologies and innovations to foster positive interactions between humans and machines. The brand’s future vehicles will adopt a next-generation in-car user experience (UX) through design and innovation and advancements in lighting, feel and in-car connectivity – to help customers engage with their cars.
- Tension for Serenity: evokes the tension between opposing forces and creative contrasts and recognizes the design equilibrium that comes from two opposing forces. It delivers striking design concepts that use sharp, highly technical details to create surface tension – and realize a harmonized, future-oriented design vision.
Where electric vehicles are the future Kia is focusing on green energy too. The car manufacturer has introduced a new design platform for electric vehicles also termed as Electric-Global Modular Platform (E-GMP), EV6 is Kia’s first dedicated BEV to be influenced by the new design philosophy. EV6 its first dedicated battery electric vehicle (BEV), ahead of the car’s world premiere in March.
EXTERIOR OF EV6:-
EV6 is a culmination of skills and expertise collected throughout Kia’s design-led transformation; investigating the future and beyond. The exterior design of EV6 is a powerful representation of ‘Power to Progress’.
At the front fascia, DRL is designed sleek, yet modern appearance. the car design is more inspired by the tiger, the front grill looks more inspired by the Tiger Nose Grille, the design of the lamps also includes a ‘sequential’ dynamic light pattern. Below this, a low air intake visually widens the front of the car, accentuating its high-tech image. As part of the optimization of airflow from the front, the air is channeled through and under the car’s flat floor for optimum aerodynamics.
contrasts with sharp lines and high-tech details to create a sense of tension in the design. A swept-back windshield provides dynamism and purpose, while bold rear haunches add volume. A character line runs along the bottom of the doors curving upwards towards the rear wheel arches, visually elongating the profile of the car. Designed in part to realize ultimate aerodynamic performance, the rear displays a sloping rear C-pillar with an integrated black glossy insert that visually widens the window glass. Above this sits a prominent roof spoiler that channels air downwards towards a raised lower spoiler which sits atop the car’s unique rear light cluster.EV6 is the result of a collaborative effort between all three studios in Kia’s global design network in Namyang (Korea), Frankfurt (Germany), and Irvine (California, US).
according to the new design and new platform main aim for the company was to make optimum use of space and provide comfortable space.One of the most striking elements of the new interior is a seamless high-tech curved high-definition audio visual and navigation (AVN) screen. The simple form language of the wide curved screen and the slim dashboard gives the space an open feel. Extending from the steering wheel across to the center of the car, it displays an instrument cluster in front of the driver and infotainment and navigation above the center console. The width of the screen creates an immersive experience for the driver, while a minimal number of physical buttons offer an uncluttered and soothing driving experience.
Underneath the AVN screen, passengers control HVAC (heating, ventilation, and air conditioning) settings by using haptic ‘buttons’, while below this panel, the dashboard slopes away towards the front of the car, creating a sense of space and openness for the front-seat passengers.The seats are slim, lightweight and contemporary, and clad in modern, visually interesting, and robust fabrics created using recycled plastics, which create yet greater openness in the cabin.
EV6 will make its world premiere in March 2021, during a special online event.
Click here to read more about Car news.