Mercedes-Benz a brand that entered the Indian Auto Industry back in 1994 and continues to rule the premium sedan market since date. There is a fair bit of competition between the market and other Automotive manufacturer. Earlier this month 3-series Limousine was launched and there was a segment where the Mercedes lacked, to which they decided to launch a car which was showcased and launched for the world back in 2019. Mercedes-Benz India launched the A-Class Limousine. The all-new A-Class Limousine is the longest and tallest in its segment. Extremely sporty and equipped with a high level of features and latest technology enrichments the new A-Class, strengthens the limousine offering of Mercedes-Benz. In addition, Mercedes-Benz rolled-out the Mercedes-AMG A35 4MATIC, combining fun to drive and the adrenaline experience associated with an AMG, at the same time adding the practicality of daily usage.
Quick overview of Mercedes over the A series:
Continuation of AMG localization reiterates the world-class production prowess of Mercedes-Benz India and a growing focus on the AMG portfolio.
- The first time the ‘AMG 35 series’ is launched for Indian customers.
- First time in the Indian auto industry: 8-year warranty for Engine & Transmission is offered as a standard for the A-Class Limousine
- AMG A 35 4MATIC is the 12th Locally Manufactured model from Mercedes-Benz India
- AMG A 35 4MATIC is the second AMG to the roll-out of the assembly lines at Mercedes-Benz India’s production facility in Chakan, Pune
- Mercedes-Benz India now produces 12 CKD (Complete Knocked Down) models across body shapes in its state-of-art production facility in Chakan, Pune
- The AMG portfolio in India now comprises the 35, 43, 53, 63, and GT series of high-performance vehicles across different body shapes
- Ex-showroom price: A-Class 200 (Petrol): Rs. 39.90 lakhs | A-Class 200d (Diesel): Rs. 40.90 lakhs | AMG A 35 4 MATIC: Rs. 56.25 lakhs.
- Overwhelming customer response to the A-Class Limousine even before launch; April and May deliveries already sold out.
Overview of the A-Class limousine:-
- Highly technology-laden: Latest connected car technology featuring New-Gen NTG 6 telematics, 2021 Mercedes me connect with OTA, MBUX Connect features and “Hey Mercedes” powered by AI
- Sophisticated and elaborate interior appointments: Complete digital instrument cluster, HD media display, an ARTICO leather in beige/ black upholstery, elegant open-pore walnut trim, multifunction steering wheel with chrome AC vents.
- Longer and taller dimensions for extra room and comfort for rear passengers: Long Wheelbase at 2729 mm | Extra Headroom at 944 mm
- With a Cd value of 0.22 and a frontal area of 2.19 m²
- Most engine options at market launch for a limousine: Petrol | Diesel | AMG
- Attractive service package: Best-in-class service packages starting INR 61,200 (A200 Petrol), INR 73,200 (A200 d Diesel) for 2 years.
Overview of the AMG A 35 4 MATIC:-
- Powerful performance and drive experience synonymous with AMG.
- Adaptive AMG suspension | AMG SPORTS PACKAGE Exterior | Sports Seats with DINAMICA Upholstery
- Supersport Steering Wheel: Leather embossed
- High-end Burmester® Sound System with 12 speakers
- AMG SPOKE WHEELS 18″ ALL ROUND | PARKING PACKAGE | Active Park Assist
- Service packages starting at Rs. 63, 600 for 2 years for the AMG A 35 4M
Detailed information about the A-class limousine:-
The 2021 Mercedes me connect in the A-Class Limousine now offers 3 distinct new features and redefines connectivity:
- Alexa home integration with Mercedes me connect | 2. Google home Mercedes me connect
- Parking Solution POIs in navigation system
Alexa Home Integration:
Any conversation with Alexa promises to be more fun as the systems connect with customers Mercedes Benz via the cloud and provide real-time updates. This feature can be used from an Alexa Echo device setup at the home, office, or also from the phone’s Alexa App. Some examples that one can command, “Alexa, Ask Mercedes to set a reminder for evening dinner” or “Alexa, Ask Mercedes to unlock to take a courier delivery” or “Alexa, Ask Mercedes to turn on the climate control”
Google Home Integration:
As an alternative, Google Home integration is also offered for Google home users. In a similar way, once the Mercedes me connect is linked to Google Home, users can start issuing commands to the device and get real-time updates about the vehicle, sitting at home
Parking Locations (POIs) in a vehicle or in Mercedes me App:
Mercedes-Benz India offers in the A-Class Limousine, the new Parking solution, which shows Parking lots available across different parts of the cities. The Parking POIs (Points of interest) can be easily spotted in the vehicle’s navigation system or even in the Mercedes me App maps section.
Features of Parking solution –
- Off-street structured parking locations are visible in the Navigation system
- POIs include public parking like malls, buildings, paid parking lots, etc.
- Added value by providing information on bifurcation of covered parking and non-covered parking (separate icons)
- Customer can select a parking lot on the Mercedes me App and can push the location to the vehicle with a single touch
- The typical energetic look and thus the recognition value are highlighted by the new generation of headlamps– with an impressive high-tech appearance.
- The profile of the luxury limousine has an engaging appearance. The balanced and precisely defined proportions appeal with their stretched lines and large wheelbase.
- The progressive design and the elaborate equipment line substantially enhances the car’s appeal
- From every perspective, the excitement and high-quality technology associated with A-Limousine are intensified.
- It meets the highest of aesthetic standards and adds this to a versatility of design preferred by young customers.
- NTG 6 with MBUX | Mercedes me connect | HD Media Display | Autonomous active brake assist | Complete digital instrument panel | Media display with touchscreen
- In addition, for occupants’ comfort, features like two-zone air conditioner, rear-seat armrest, front wireless charger, touchpad, and a panoramic sunroof are provided.
Detailed information on AMG A 35 4MATIC
- The grille with twin louvers, the AMG front bumper with flics on the air intakes, a front splitter and silver chrome trim elements are distinguishing AMG design features on the A 35
- The latest technology Multibeam headlamps give sharp emotional appeal to the sleek sloping front
- The all new rear adaptive LED tail-lamps enhance the sporty look, complimented by rear spoiler and two twin diffusers for efficient aerodynamics
- The round exhaust with chrome elements and curtain element in the bumper enhance the sharp characteristics.
- The flat bottom steering wheel in nappa leather, twin digital displays (widescreen) and attractive diffusers give the cabin a modern look
- The ergonomically contoured sport seats in DINAMICA microfibre with red stitching enhance the interior of new Mercedes-AMG A 35 4MATIC
Other key feature highlights of the AMG A 35 4M:
- Burmester® surround sound system | Adaptive AMG suspension
- AMG SPOKE WHEELS 18″ ALL ROUND
- PARKING PACKAGE | Active park Assist
How many colours to offer on my Mercedes?
A 200 & A 200 d:
- Polar White | Mojave Silver | Mountain Grey | Cosmos Black | Denim Blue | Iridium Silver
AMG A 35 4MATIC:
- Polar White | Mojave Silver | Mountain Grey | Cosmos Black | Denim Blue | Iridium Silver | Sun Yellow (On special request)
|A 200||A 200 d||Mercedes-AMG A 35 4MATIC|
|Engine||In-line 4 cylinder||In-line 4 cylinder||2.0-litre 4-cylinder in-line with exhaust gas turbocharger|
|Displacement||1332 cc||1950 cc||1991 cc|
|Max. output||120 kW (163 hp) at 5500 rpm||110 kW (150 hp)||225 kW (306 hp) at 5800 rpm|
|Peak torque||250 Nm at 1620-4000 rpm||320 Nm at 1400-3200 rpm||400 Nm at 3000-4000 rpm|
|Drive system||2WD||2WD||AMG Performance 4MATIC variable all-wheel drive|
|Transmission||7G-DCT||8G-DCT||AMG SPEEDSHIFT DCT 7G dual-clutch transmission|
|Acceleration 0-100 km/h||8.3s||8.2s||4.8 s|
We wish Merecedes-Benz India all the best for this launch.
Click here for more information on Car News.