The All-Indian Mumbai Falcons team ended their first Formula 3 Asia campaign with an impressive third place in the constructor’s championship. The team piloted by two of India’s high hopes for a representation in Formula 1, Jehan Daruvala and Kush Maini, managed to secure 3 podiums in the final round of the championship held at Yas Marina International circuit.
Highlights of the championship –
- China’s Guanyu Zhou and the Abu Dhabi Racing Team backed by Prema won the drivers and constructors championships respectively
- The father daughter duo of Khaled Al Qubaisi and Amna Al Qubaisi became the first ever to compete in the same race together
- Pierre Louis Chovet, who led the championship after the impressive performances at Dubai conceded the lead having to manoeuvre through tough times on track in dealing with Roy Nissany
- China’s Guanyu Zhou managed to snatch the lead of the championship by the penultimate race of the championship and then won the final race to stamp his authority as the Formula 3 Asia champion
- India’s Jehan Daruvala secured 2 podiums in the final round of races and managed to hang on to his third position in the championship.
- India’s Kush Maini had a strong end to the championship he struggled throughout by claiming his first podium of the season
- Patrick Pasma of Finland showed great pace and ended up fourth in the championship.
- Isack Hadjar and Dino Beganovic, who missed the last 2 rounds of the championship ended up 6th and 7th respectively due to their impressive performances in the first 3 rounds.
- Mumbai Falcons finished the championship in third position overall
- Jehan Daruvala finished with 192 points, 65 points away from Guanyu Zhou.
- Kush Maini finished 11th with 55 points to his name
- Ayumu Iwasa of Japan won the Rookie Cup by 8 points with the E-sports turned real racer Cem Bolukbasi finishing second
Post the success in F3 Asian Championship, Jehan Daruvala is going to continue for a second year with Carlin in FIA Formula 2 championship and Kush Maini is expected to land up a drive in the Formula 3 championship.