Mercedes E- class, one of the models which perfectly sits between C-class and S-class. The E-Class being the most popular was first launched in 1995 and around 46,000 units were sold so far. The new E-Class debuts with comprehensive changes on exterior styling and design, significant interior updates along with the integration of the latest new-generation NTG 6 telematics, industry benchmark MBUX; making it more dynamic and intelligent than ever before. The E-Class boasts of the ‘most spacious’ rear cabin in the segment owing to its long wheelbase, and together with its dynamic driving elements and latest enhancements, make the saloon unmatched in its segment.
The car is available in 3 different variants which are E 200, E 220 d, and E 350 d AMG, priced at E 200 (Rs. 63.6 lakhs) |
E 220d (Rs. 64.8 lakhs) | E 350 d AMG Line (Rs. 80.9 lakhs).
What’s different in this E-Class?
- For the first time, Mercedes-Benz introduces an India-specific sporty AMG exterior line in the E-Class (E 350 d).
- The new model features an-all new front fascia with new headlamps, a new grille design, new bumpers, new split tail lamps. E 350 d is extremely sporty with the new AMG Line, diamond grill, and AMG alloys E 350 d is extremely sporty the new AMG Line, diamond grill, and AMG alloys.
- The intuitive, touch-sensitive controls of the Mercedes-Benz User Experience (MBUX) offer a host of features. The digital cockpit’s dual 12.3-inch displays include a central touchscreen. The E-Class is tech-laden featuring 2021 ‘Mercedes Me’ connect with Alexa, Google Home integration, and Parking location on the navigation system.
- Competitive service packages start from Rs. 67,800 for 2 years | Standard warranty for the new E-Class is a segment-best 3 years
Want to know more?
Safety: Active Brake Assist, Active Hood for pedestrian protection, Emergency call with ‘Mercedes me’ connect, Pre-safe, 7 airbags including a knee airbag.
Colors to choose from:- The paint colors available for the E-Class are Polar White, Obsidian Black, High-Tech Silver, and Mojave Silver. Additionally, two more colors would be available for a limited time – Selenite Grey and Designo Hyacinth Red.
|Specifications||E 200 (Petrol)||E 220 d (Diesel)||E 350 d AMG Line (Diesel)|
|Total displacements (cc)||1991||1950||2925|
|Rated output in kW (hp) at rpm||145 (197)/5500-6100||143(194)/3800||210(286)/3400-4600|
|Rated torque in Nm at rpm||320/1650-4000||400/1600-2800||600/1200-3200|
|Acceleration (0-100) in s||7.6||7.6||6.1|
- Avantgarde Exterior Package
- All new LED High Performance Headlamps
- Newly designed rear with new split taillight design and fresh bumpers
- Quarter glass inspired by the Mercedes-Maybach
Interior comfort and convenience:
- Luxurious open-pore wood trims in front & rear | Artico leather dashboard
- New capacitive touch controls on the steering wheel
- Smartphone integration package
- Best in class rear reclining seats with memory functions (37 degrees)
- Chauffeur package
- Rear removable touchpad for all convenience controls at the center armrest
- Burmester surround sound system with 590W output
- Panoramic sunroof
- Wireless charger at the rear
- Newly designed AC console with storage
- Power close function for doors
- Park Pilot (Active Park Assistance) with reverse camera
Additional key features of the range-topping E 350 d:
- This is the first time a series E-Class features a sporty AMG Line exterior styling for India
- Power domes on the bonnet | Redesigned headlamps and tail lamps
- Diamond studded grill | AMG design bumpers in front and rear
- Air Body Control suspension
- Sporty side skirts and the beautiful 18” AMG alloys clearly highlight the new sporty avatar of the luxurious E350d AMG Line.
- For the first time in the E-Class, a special beige-Tropez blue interior upholstery giving the car a distinguished elegant look
- 360 degrees camera | Front seats with memory function | Wireless charging in front
- Illuminated door seal panel
Martin Schwenk, Managing Director & CEO, Mercedes-Benz India and Santosh Iyer, Vice-President, Sales & Marketing, Mercedes-Benz India, launched the new E-Class at T&T Motors in New Delhi, today 16/03/2021.
Click here for more Car news.