Ever since the first adventure tourer was launched, somewhere we all were fascinated by the way it use to look, how it could go anywhere and what it was capable of. It was a whole new concept designed for enthusiasts who love exploring and while Royal Enfield were in business with the Himalayan, we had no clue that someday a company like KTM who focused more on aggressive supermoto / naked motorcycles would come out with an adventure tourer.
KTM Adventure 390 was their very first adventure motorcycle and it is very versatile on the road and off road. With a light weight chassis and class leading electronics, it was a beautiful product. And now KTM is back with a bang.
For the first time when you would hear this, you might think, ‘mehnga hoga’ / ‘out of our league bruh’, Well hold on, it promises to fit your pocket and it is an all rounder trust me.
The KTM 250 Adventure is here! Yes, it is here to steal your hearts and promises not to take care of your bank account. Designed to take you anywhere, it is an adventure ready motorcycle, made for your travel adventures.
The adventure 250 provides the benefits of a versatile Adventure motorcycle with diligence paid to ergonomics and comfort over multiple terrains, the KTM 250 Adventure is the best combination of accessibility and best in class travel-enduro build and technology. It is built on the same platform as its elder sibling the 390 Adventure, the quarter liter variant is a powerhouse of performance with its 248-cc state-of-the-art DOHC four-valve single cylinder liquid cooled engine delivering 30PS power and 24 Nm of torque which means class leading performance with smooth delivery of power.
The technologically advanced Power Assist Slipper Clutch (PASC) combined with the 6-speed gearbox allows for smooth and jerk free shifting by controlling engine braking and rear wheel chatter. The KTM 250 Adventure can be ridden hard or caressed to speed over long distances.
The 250 Adventure comes with some worthy features and what makes this budgetary adventure different from other motorcycles are these features:
1. It is Lightweight and an agile entry into the world of KTM Adventure.
2. new colors – KTM Electronic Orange, KTM Factory Racing Blue have been added in them list and this makes it even more appealing when talking about looks.
3. A thoroughbred adventure motorcycle with distinctive Rally-derived KTM design.
4. It has Ultra-lightweight steel trellis frame with a bolt-on sub-frame 250cc, DOHC engine with DLC coated pistons, 30 PS (22 kW) power and 24 Nm torque.
5. Electronic Fuel Injection with Dell’Orto 38 mm throttle body which comes with a Power Assist Slipper Clutch.
6. You get a LCD display with button to select off-road ABS as well.
7. The 250 Adventure gets a WP APEX suspension, 43mm front USD forks with 170 mm travel and WP APEX suspension 177 mm travel rear monoshock with 10-step preload adjustment.
11. With an Optimal ground clearance of 200 mm, take it anywhere and make your own roads without worrying about the road conditions.
12. A large 14.5 liter tank offering more than 400 km of range so less of fuel breaks and more of riding.
13. Equipped with a Bosch 9.1 MB 2-channel ABS with off-road mode, it is ready and more stable while you ride.
14. It gets H4 front light and LED tail-light and turn signals for a clear vision even riding in dark.
Commenting on the launch of the bike, Sumeet Narang, President (Probiking), Bajaj Auto Ltd. said:
“The 2022 KTM 250 Adventure is the Travel-Enduro motorcycle that appeals to a wide spectrum of bikers across the country. Thanks to its well-thought travel and adventure-focused characteristics, the KTM 250 Adventure is an accessible motorcycle that offers an enjoyable riding experience for daily tarmac commutes and weekend off road escapes. Combining top-spec components with the latest technology, the KTM 250 Adventure had set a benchmark in the rapidly growing Adventure segment in India.”
The Adventure 250 is all set to hit the roads and here to make you crazy with the kind of features that it offers and the price it is launched at. You get an advantage of adventure ready motorcycle at the same time you have a motorcycle that combines your all kinds of travel. You will feel confident and in control riding this motorcycle.
The KTM 250 Adventure can be ridden hard or caressed to speed over long distances. What do you think of this? Is it a game changer and will you consider buying it? Let us know in the comments section below and to read our previous articles, click here.
1 thought on “THE POCKET ADVENTURE”
I agree with your point of view, your article has given me a lot of help and benefited me a lot. Thanks. Hope you continue to write such excellent articles.